There are K-Pop lovers (I don't really like them), anime/manga people (which I'm not really sure what they're called), and of course, there are those of us who are called Anglophiles. According to a very reliable source (Wikipedia), an Anglophile is a person who admires England, its people, and its culture. Yep, that's right. I actually thought I was the only weirdo with a fetish for the British. I didn't know there is an actual term for that. So if you think you somewhat fit the description, here are also some of the signs you might be an Anglophile:
1. Pride and Prejudice--you've probably watched every film adaptation of this famous Austen book, as well.
2. You can enumerate all the Doctors even if they appeared on the show long before you were born. [Plus, thumbs up for David Tennant, yeah. *wiggles eyebrows*]
3. You fake a British accent from time to time and are an advocate of it because not only do you think it's sexy, but also because it makes you sound more like an intellectual. Which had probably started in your childhood when daydreaming about marrying Christopher Robin while watching Winnie the Pooh, then growing up pretending you were Wendy Darling hoping to be whisked away to Never Land forever. But Peter Pan never showed up. [Wow. I really have gone a bit too far, haven't I?]
4. You have dreamed of having tea with the Queen of England. Or at least marry the prince. *sniff* [Curse you, Kate Middleton!!! *shakes fist*]
5. You have watched the Thor movies as well as The Avengers because of Loki. ["I am Loki of Asgard. And I am burdened with glorious purpose." *intense stare*] You then spend every single waking moment scouring the internet looking for other movies by this gorgeous gentleman who plays the role. And interviews. And pictures. And gifs.
6. You gushed over Sherlock. And you're passive-aggressively waiting for the next season to come out. And you started using the term "mind palace" ever since, pretending you have one. And you totally dig the Sherlock-Watson shipping (and you don't usually do that). And since they also both star in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, and the upcoming film There and Back Again this 2014 (yey), you're bursting with feels even though Benedict Cumberbatch is justa voice. And it makes you sometimes wonder if they are actually in a secret relationship and Martin Freeman's "wife" is just for show.
7. Speaking of ships, you also dig Larry. Yep. And you're a Nialler, even though he's actually Irish. Crazy mofos.
8. You know who Dan and Phil are and have watched all of their videos (like, ALL of them). And you wish to be best mates with them (if not experiencing an explosion of ovaries already).
9. Fo Nah-nia!!!
10. And last but most certainly not the least, two words: Harry. Potter. C'mon, everybody's childhood. [It's levi-o-sa, not levio-sar.]
There you go. I'm sure there could be more but these are sure telltale signs that you're an Anglophile. [One of us, one of us, one of us.] But what do you think? Care to add more? Please leave something for me on the comment box below so I can read them (duh, Kitty, what else are you supposed to do with them?). And also, so that I can pretend I have someone to talk to. Please.
[Gosh, I hope I'm not scaring you away.]