Sunday 13 September 2015

My Favourites on the Best Dressed of the Year Critics’ Choice 2014

I know, I know. It’s incredibly outdated. Almost a year ago has past. But my dear, dear, dear *cue widening of eyes* friend Jahan proclaimed, “You love fashion, right? Write a review on these dresses. I want to know what you think.” Which is absolutely unfair. I do love to dress up and make sensible choices in my outfits, I follow fashion blogs (even though they are actually street style), sure, but...but...what exactly do I know about haute couture and red carpet fashion?

“It will be an epic fail,” I lamented. “The only thing I can describe a dress with is ‘pretty’.”

“Just write,” she demanded.

Well.

Therefore, here are my personal favourites from Best Dressed of the Year Critics’ Choice 2014:

1. Lily Collins in Elie Saab Couture for the ‘Love, Rosie’ Rome Film Festival Premiere
Lily Collins in Elie Saab Couture for the ‘Love, Rosie’ Rome Film Festival Premiere

I say Lily Collins looks like a daydream here. I mean, come on. Biggest hair trend right now on a dress? Genius. Plus, her hair is a nod to Old Hollywood. And she totally rocked that tiny belt.

2. Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé for the Chopard Party 2014
Cate Blanchett in Armani Privé for the Chopard Party 2014

Cate Blanchett, of course, looks ethereal as always. And look at the smirk. It’s a smirk that absolutely says, “I know I look divine. I know you think I look divine.” I love this colour on her.

3. Lupita Nyong’o in Gucci for the 2014 SAG Awards
Lupita Nyong’o in Gucci for the 2014 SAG Awards

Lupita would NEVER be not on anybody’s list. Here she is in a fun yet elegant piece by Gucci, no excessive accessorising needed. The dress speaks for itself. Her smile is just as dazzling. And look at that figure!

4. Emily Blunt in Prada for the ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’ New York Premiere
Emily Blunt in Prada for the ‘Edge Of Tomorrow’ New York Premiere

I am so sorry I had to laugh at this one. I mean the dress is just perfect on her. It says very posh and feisty. Now if only she’d worn this at the premiere for The Devil Wears Prada, she would be the real devil in Prada. Meow.

5. Lily Aldridge in Rosie Assoulin for the 2014 amfAR New York Gala
Lily Aldridge in Rosie Assoulin for the 2014 amfAR New York Gala

Lily, Lily. You have made a metaphor of yourself! This chic number looks like it drew inspiration from a Lily-of-the-Valley. If she wore something green, like swapping that necklace of hers for one, she would look like the actual flower. I love that it’s pure white and no embellishments were added to it. The design works overtime.

6. Lea Seydoux in Prada for ‘La Belle et la Bete’ Premiere

This looks like something a Disney would—and should!—wear. Just stunning.

And there you have it, folks. Gods, how did I do? If you guys want me to review anything else, I’m up for it. Just...don’t have high standards for it.

3 comments:

  1. *cue widening of eyes* You did just fiiiiine...guess who is gonna be setting you more reviews!! *cackles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. WHAT DID YOU WRITE KITTEH!!! I WANNA KNOW!!!

      Delete